Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Getting Up Early

7/17/2019

What is the sound that retired people hate to hear? The alarm clock! Once retired, with a few exceptions, we can go to bed when we want, and get up also when we want. Actually, that last part depends on whether Jeff moves around in bed at 7:30. Once he's awake, the girls are super eager to bolt downstairs for breakfast.

This morning, I had a 7:30 appointment for
pre surgery testing. Mind you, I had just had a physical and all the tests required by the surgeon's office, on Monday! But, the hospital was insisting that I have a blood draw at the hospital. I have no idea why this was necessary, but sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

Morning and evening traffic around here, is awful. We left the house at 6:50 to keep my 7:30 appointment. We made it on time. In fact, we were so on-time that there was no receptionist in the office. We rang basically a doorbell, to let them know somebody (me) was waiting.

Let me get back on the original thought. When you're working, you obviously have to set the alarm. Everything by the clock: lunch, as well as end of day. Once retired, you very seldom have to set an alarm for getting up. It is one of the perks, and heaven knows we need all the ones we can get, of being retired. 

My friends who I worked with for years at Marriott, are still relatively young, can't come out to play during the week. Bummer.

When I got home this morning, I finished my breakfast - bagel, and then Daisy and I had a short nap. And, we might have another one this afternoon! 

Stacey and Benjamin might come to visit on Friday. If so, then she and I are off to the salon for pedicures and, for me, face waxing. Gads, it's hard to be a girl. If I had blonde hair, then hair on the face wouldn't be so obvious. But, alas, I have dark brown hair, and facial hair is noticeable, at least to me. And, that's all that counts.

As I do every Wednesday, I "tidy up" the house before Ada comes. And, this isn't just a me thing, it's a "woman" thing. I have the upstairs under control, so I'll head to the kitchen to take care of the dirty dishes, etc.

It's very hot outside, so stay inside as much as possible. We didn't even go to the hospital with the top down. While we can and do, we keep the top down. But, I think, that it's harder on Bella.

P
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...