Monday, July 29, 2019

Lions and Tigers - Oh My!!

7/29/2019

I touched on the subject of "wild" animals in the neighbored a few days ago. The neighbors are up in arms because they saw a coyote and a vulture! Shocker. Vultures generally, but not always, want pre-killed animals. So, as a homeowner of a smaller dog, I actually don't worry about Daisy being carried away. Some of our homes back up to woods. And, what happens in the woods, stays in the woods! Seriously, I can't believe why seeing these animals pass through the neighborhood, causes such concern.

These animals don't want to be with you, and vice versa. So, what's the problem? Remember, helicopter parenting? Some of the people who post probably don't have small children, so their focus is on the wild things. Good grief get a life. Jeff and I enjoy very much the sight of a deer close to our house. I know that they eat plants, but they are so beautiful.

I am in no way a genius, but people have posted about where to paint a car, refinish a deck and other minutia type listings. Is common sense gone? Recommendations are a good thing, and in the past, I've occasionally looked for recommendations also. But, there is this place called the internet where you can search for a person, a company or whatever. You can read the reviews of said company, and then make a personal decision on what you're going to do. This isn't rocket science people!

In this neighborhood, people fret if you leave your empty trash can in the driveway too long. Or, heaven forbid, you put it out the day before! 

The adage about staying in your house and keeping your curtains closed, does not seem to relate to our neighborhood. Jeff and I try to be good neighbors. We don't let the "girls" bark incessantly. Our theory about the "girls" barking inside the house, means that there is something or someone they can see from the windows. The UPS man, and Ada (who comes every week) both get the "welcome?" greeting. Which can be annoying, I'll admit.

Fun fact:   Say cheese? Victorians said "prunes" instead. 

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...