Thursday, July 18, 2019

Tomorrow

7/18/2019

I only had two appointments yesterday. And, today I have none!! Yippee.

Tomorrow, Stacey and Benjamin are coming to see me. Stacey and I will go to the "salon" to do womanly stuff - polish, etc. Benjamin will stay home. 

In the afternoon, we are going to see the movie Alladin. The renovated theater allows you to reserve your seats (I did), pay for the tickets in advance (I did), AND the theater now offers dine-in service. You order your food (real food, not just popcorn) and they will bring your food to you. This I can't imagine.

I remember when my friend Della and I would go to the movies on a Saturday. I don't remember how much money Dad gave me. I just looked up ticket prices from 1965 - $1.01. Tickets now cost a whole lot more, almost the price of a down payment on a car! (exaggeration obviously, but you get the idea).

Since I have a temporary crown on one of my front teeth, I'll not be ordering something crusty. But a milkshake will make me very happy. I don't actually know how much the food will cost, but I guess it is, what it is - and what it is, will be pricey no doubt. I go to the movies so seldom, that a once or twice year movie splurge is something I enjoy very much. Obviously, eating popcorn with this temporary "tooth" is out of the question. But, I can eat french fries and I love shakes.

Try and stay cool today. An excuse not to exercise, not that you need one, is it's just way too hot to be out running.

P


Image result for picture of movie theater popcorn and coke





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...