Saturday, July 13, 2019

A New Me?

7/13/2019

What is a new me you ask? Well, since I'm pushing 70 later this year, I decided it was time to mix things up a bit.

With that in mind, I decided to semi-permanently dye my hair - gray and lavender. I actually want to see what I'd look like with gray hair. If, I like the results, I may then go to a salon to have my hair colored professionally. But, for the time being, I'm going to give this "semi" permanent hair dye. Luckily, no matter how bad it looks (fingers crossed that it doesn't), with frequent shampooing, the dye fades. Doing my hair this way, means I'm not dying my hair on a permanent basis.

I'm finished brushing the dye in my hair. Then I wait for 30 minutes, rinse and dry my hair. After doing all of this, I hope I have gotten the desired color. If not, I will just need to shampoo my hair more frequently, which will cause the color to gradually fade. 

I have no idea where this gutsy gal came from, but she's here to stay. For me, now is the time to take risks, and go into un-mapped (sp) territory. 

This is the same woman who now watches baseball and football. So getting older, doesn't mean that you have to stay in a rut. At this time in my life, I feel I can and should mix things up a bit!

Keeping my fingers crossed, that I don't look too bad after rinsing out my hair. So wish me luck. My theory is this, if this woman can rock blue hair, then I certainly should be able to dye my hair.


Image result for stock photo of old women with dyed hair
Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...