Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Sunshine, Sunshine

7/9/2019

After all of Mother Nature's nonsense yesterday, with flash floods, cars being swept away, and trees falling down, today she wants to play nice. It is absolutely beautiful outside. I have a doctor's appointment, so it will definitely be a top down drive! Bella likes these rides the best. And, frankly so do I.

Hair update. On the cusp of turning 70 this year, I've decided to futz with my hair. I have dark brown hair with some gray mixed in slightly. If memory serves me correct, my Mother had to color her hair gray. And, right now there is a lot of very young people who are sporting white and/or gray hair. Yesterday, I used a gray rinse on my hair (it washes out with shampoo). I was disappointed because the gray didn't really stand out too much with my dark hair. But, I worked at it, and eventually was sporting "some" gray hair, but not enough to really (emphasis on the word some) make my hair gray. I, was in a word, disappointed. But, I continued to rub in the gray rinse, and then on top of that, added my lavender "mascara" if you will into my hair. When I was done fooling around, I brushed my hair to one side, and then I could really see the gray mingled with the lavender. I thought, and still do, that my hair looked great. Everything I've used so far, goes away with one shampoo, so no major commitment on my part. I could have my hair colored permanently, but that's a big step - what if I don't really look good with gray hair - then I'm stuck with it. I'm just not that gutsy.

Last night, the girls and I were fighting for space in the bed. Sadly, I lost the battle and fell out of bed. In falling, I must have (but don't remember), hitting my mouth on the nightstand. Today, while showering, I kept grinding on something hard. After the shower, I looked in the mirror, and a piece of one of my front teeth has chipped away. Curses. I don't have the best teeth anyway, and to damage a front tooth, is a blow to my vanity! Yes, I still want to look my best, but if I hole in the front of the mouth, that will so not be a good look for me!

Some of you may have heard about, or read about Marie Kondo. She has a method of putting your clothes away. Yesterday, with a burst of energy, I took all the day clothes I wear, put them in the spare room, and got to work. 

First, I tossed in a corner any piece of clothing that was just way too big. By the way, that's a really good feeling. Then rolling up my pants and blouses, using the Kondo method, and putting them in a drawer, fold side down. Today, when I went to get some clothes for today, I looked in the pants drawer, and easily found pants that I wanted to wear today. I did the same for finding a shirt. It was so easy, that it was actually a bit scary. I never thought that this way of rolling clothes, allowing me to see what my choices are was feasible. I'm hear to tell you, that with a bit of effort, it is doable and makes picking out clothes really easy. Wish I had done this before. Marie, also folds up nicely underwear and pajamas, etc. Um, not sure that I want to go to that extreme, but who knows what I will do in the future. Try it. I think you'll like it.

Closing now. Appointment coming up at noon, and I don't want to be late. 

Talk to you later.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...