Thursday, July 11, 2019

TV Shows

7/11/2019

I don't want you guys to think that the only kind of "reality" shows I watch are lame, and sometimes downright stupid. Take the show "Alone". The participants are put in various places along an island, with very few possessions. Each person can bring 10 items with them from these categories: food, shelter, bedding, hygiene and hunting gear. First of all, there's no way that I'm going to freeze my butt off to be alone in the winter. Even with the cash prize if you're the last person, wouldn't even begin to entice me. 

Lately, I've begun to have an interest in shows that are centered mostly in Egypt. Tombs, pyramids, mummies, pictures on walls depicting the Egyptians way of life. For some reason, these shows fascinate me. 

My in-laws, many years ago, went to Egypt. They rode camels, saw pyramids, museums, the Sphinx and while I can't remember, perhaps a boat ride on the Nile. But, the world was different many years ago.  While Jeff and I would like to go to Egypt, and probably won't because of the "politics" of the Middle East. If you were on a group tour, you'd probably be safe, but still not a chance that we're going to take. Besides, there are many different countries we could visit. Italy comes to mind.

The show I've been watching is "Secrets of the Lost", and I find it very interesting and informative. Pompeii, Atlantis are two natural occurrences that fell on these two cities.

Because it's the 50th anniversary of space flight, Jeff and I (but mostly Jeff), are watching all the shows that are available. And, there is a lot of them!

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...