Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Pondering

7/30/2019

My definition of pondering, means that I've really have nothing to write about. Shocking, but true.

It's Shark Week, and I have recorded and watched several episodes of all things shark. Remember watching the movie "Jaws"? The difference between that movie and real-time shows, is that it's well "real-time"!

Two men, who were either very brave, or completely insane stayed in the ocean, with sharks swimming all around them. And, when I say sharks, I mean lots of sharks! Big ones and little ones. The men stayed in the ocean, without water or food for 43 hours. They also had some flimsy sort of cage that they could use when they became tired. 

Unlike, sharks in aquariums, who are fed every day, and don't look at humans as an after diner treat, the ocean sharks, are looking for prey. And, anybody or anything are fair game as far as they are concerned.

Stands to reason, that people are both horrified and/or fascinated (or perhaps both), with these shark shows. Obviously, if you get in the way of a great white shark, he or perhaps she can, take you down to the ocean floor. Anyway, if a shark picks you out as looking tasty, you can basically kiss your ass good-bye. 

Years ago, we took a tour around a studio, and in one case, a "shark" jumped out of the water. Okay, we knew that this wasn't a real shark, but it scared us just the same.

You know me, I am generally fascinated with the shows that I watch. How much does this person make per episode? How much does a deckhand on a lobster boat make for the season? Stuff like that.

Here's what I have found out about the Great White Shark: these sharks can live up to 70 years and beyond. The shark that comes in first place for living is the Greenland Shark who can live up to 272 years! Golly, that's a long time. I would bet that if I were the shark, I would want to rest more and hunt less. 

Actually, the Great White Shark, weighing about 100 pounds, would need to eat only three pounds of fish daily. So, I actually don't know where humans are in the shark's food chain. But, I don't intend to find out!

I'll stay out of his way and hopefully, he'll stay out of mine!

P

 Image result for picture of great white shark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...