Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Presidential Debate

7/31/2019

Last night, as you already know, was round one of the Presidential debates. While everybody got to speak, some more than others, the exchanges between Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, was lively.  

Jeff and I "watched" the debate. But, after 2 hours of watching, we were exhausted. We also knew that we had better find something light hearted to watch. The Late Show With Stephen Cobert was the solution.

Tonight, is round two of the debates. Jeff and I have picked out our favorite to go the distance. But, since I don't do "politics", that's all I say.

The one candidate that has a first name of "Bo", made me realize that there is probably a longer version of his name. I was right. As I suspected, it is a short version of several names: Beau, or Beaufort for example. If those were my given names, then I would probably also shorten my name to Bo.

I felt bad for the author, Marianne Williamson. She has written several books, most of which are spiritual. I, personally don't believe (no hate mail please) that she stands a chance at being the Democratic candidate for President. It is actually painful to see how little time she is given to speak, as opposed to other candidates.

While I could go write about recent tweets about Baltimore, I'm just not going to go there.

Take a nap this afternoon, if it's possible, so that you can "watch", not "sleep" during the debate.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...