Thursday, August 15, 2019

Spending Time With Stacey and Benjamin

8/15/2019

Yesterday, Stacey and I, went to the "salon" for our physical and mental health. Freshly polished nails makes all, or probably most, women feel very good about themselves.

I'm not a risk taker when it comes to the color of polish I use. Since I can no longer reach my toes, I opt for clear or very light pink polish. My theory is that when those colors fade away, nobody, including me, will notice.

But, yesterday I went rogue when it came to my fingers. I had them painted red, and even put acrylic nail tips put on. The result: fantastic.When I have "fake" nails of any kind, I opt for a reasonable length. I want to be able to pick up change, for instance. I don't know women who have claw-like nails are able to do anything.

When Stacey and I got home, she helped (which means she did) color my hair. We used silver and lavender. The result looked really good - but, because my hair is so dark, those colors are a bit of a hit and miss on my head! I am trying semi-permanent dye, so that I can see what I might look like if my hair was completely silver and done by a professional. 

Maybe, because I'm turning 70 this year, I'm like Scarlett O'Hara - frankly I just don't give a damn. If coloring my hair and having red nails makes me happy, then that's reason enough to do so. At least, that's my opinion. And, I'm pretty sure that's the only one that counts!

This week, I also bought mascara and eyeliner! I haven't used either of these products in years. But, I decided what the heck, let's give these products another try. And, my first try wasn't very successful, so I guess it's try, try again. 

Jeff and I stayed up until midnight, so a bit of sleeping in was very nice. Jeff, doesn't really get that option, because it seems that the "girls" know when it's time for breakfast. And, they want it now!

It's a "possibility" that there could be a snooze for me this afternoon. Spanish people take siestas, and and I call it napping. Either way, most of the time Daisy is quite content to just sit in my lap.

Closing for the day. I, of course, have chores to do. Actually, these are the same chores that I say I'm going to do everyday!

P







 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...