Saturday, August 31, 2019

A Great Day

8/31/2019

It's "official" summers over. By Tuesday, all of the children in this area will be back in school. And, there will be a new traffic pattern. First, you have to get out of the neighborhood, before the buses if you can. Otherwise, you'll be behind a bus that makes frequent stops. Necessary stops, but if you're running late to work, it can be maddening!

Since summer is over, look for all those heavily discounted things, like swimming suits, foam noodles, and perhaps even sleeveless tops. Luckily for me, I am not in need of any of those things. Or, school supplies for that matter. 

I actually started this blog earlier in the day, spun around in my chair twice, and "lost" my way. Oh, it's just so much fun being me. 😉

Yesterday, Jeff and I had a meeting in the morning, and that just might be, why my unfinished blog stayed unfinished!

Later in the day, the newlyweds (Scott and Wendy) came by for a visit. The guys talked about computer computer things (boring). Wendy and I carried on a different conversation. The guys all talked at once as well as loudly. Wendy and I should have just gone into the living room.

Finally, later in the visit, I suggested that we go to our favorite restaurant for dinner. Ah, everybody got on board. Scott even called "Computer Ken" to join us. We had a nice dinner, and for me, a piece of tres de leche (however you spell it). 

While we were out to dinner, we left both girls inside the house. Nothing appeared to have been torn up, or taken outside. I can't actually verify that last part, since I hate going into the basement. I'm afraid (not really) that some basement monster is going to swallow me up!

Today, was a "veg" day. I got up late, and then somehow it was afternoon, and now it's evening. I guess better late than never.

I wanted to share a picture of Scott and Wendy on their wedding day. They made a beautiful couple.

P


Image may contain: Wendy Barnes Bassett and Scott Bassett, people smiling, outdoor





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...