Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Wedding

8/19/2019 and now 8/20/2019

Before the ceremony, Stacey "fixed" all the ladies' faces. Since I'm a lipstick and comb through my hair, I thought I looked pretty good. 
 
Jeff and I attended a small wedding ceremony for Scott and Wendy. It was near the water, which made for really good photographs.

Wendy looked stunning in her waltz white dress with a silver decoration at her waist. Scott, who  always looks "put together", wore a blue suit and since I can't use the word stunning to describe him, let's go with handsome.

After the ceremony, we went to a very nice restaurant and had a back room all to ourselves. The food was really good, but as I've learned over the months I've been trying to lose weight - less is more. I generally always leave something on the plate. I'm still drinking the protein water, but fewer high protein bars.

Wendy, made her wedding cake - red velvet and cream cheese frosting. Who doesn't love the combo? The cake was delicious, and I even took a slice home - because as you know - I love sugar!

After dinner, we all went back to Andrew's house to visit, and everyone had a chance to change their clothes. I don't remember how long we were at their house, but we could tell from sounds as well as sight, that a really big storm was on it's way.

Jeff and I took the back roads home, and that was genuinely a mistake. Their was a car following us, so when Jeff swerved so did they. There were many trees that had fallen onto the road, as well as bushes. To say that it wasn't a comfy ride home, would be an understatement. Jeff managed to swerve around the big debris, but he still had to drive over small branches, which made me cringe every time he had to. Long story short, we made it home safely. 

Since it was going to be a long day, we left both of the "girls" alone in the house. As we opened the backdoor, I wasn't sure what to expect. With the exception of one pillow that had been taken from a chair and put on the ground - everything was fine. I knew that Daisy would be no problem, because she stays home most of the time. But, we have only left Bella in the house unsupervised just a couple of times, and she did well.

I normally take my evening pills around 9:00, and on Sunday, it was after midnight. This threw my schedule out the window, and I didn't sleep very well. Since I had no appointments on Monday, a long nap was necessary. Today, I'm rested and feeling pretty good. Okay, that's me saying that I'm okay, but not great. 

And since it's nearly 2:00, I'm signing off.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...