Tuesday, August 27, 2019

What A Great Day I'm Going To Have! (just kidding)

8/27/2019

It's Tuesday, and you know this already. Unfortunately for me, I get to spend some time in the dentist's chair. Argh. First, he has to put new "teeth" on the implant posts. That shouldn't be too painful except for the tamping down and chomping on some blue paper to see how the bite fit is. When I have to use the blue paper and you have to "chew" side to side, I feel like a horse. Don't even both to ask me why this makes me feel "horsey", it just does. I think it feels like champing on a bit, if that makes sense. And, to top things off, the cost for today's visit will, come with a huge price. I'm thinking a number with a comma in it!

We have had two tree companies come out to give an estimate (all the estimates have a comma in the price) to take the old Pin Oak down. She is 32 years old and is now dead. Oh, for the past year or so, we have had companies come out to revive her, but it was to no avail. Jeff and I know she has to come down, but it will be a big loss for us. I will say this, for all of the years, up until this one, the tree has been magnificent. The squirrels have for years scurried up and down the tree and there were many, many acorns on the ground. Now, there are no squirrels visiting this tree.

For years, picking up the leaves was nearly a full time job in the fall.  We scooped up bag after bag of leaves. This year, I think we'll only partially fill one bag, if we're lucky.

I remember a long time ago, we donated an old car to charity. The tow truck arrived in the night. I heard the truck, pulled up the blinds, and then had a really good cry. You may not understand, but it was like saying good-bye to a family member. Even as I write this, there are tears in my eyes, as I remember that day. And, yes, I'm an old softy, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mission today: shred, shred, and more shred. A lot of people I think toss out their mail, that has their name on it, in the trash. Jeff and I (mostly me) have the task of shredding. Right now, I'm staring at a large box filled to the brim. You can only shred for so long, before the shredder becomes hot, and then you can take a break.

I hope your today is going to be more exciting than mine.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...