Saturday, August 17, 2019

Typing For A Living

8/17/2019

I had a bit of a fog brain this morning, about what I should write about. And, then Jeff sent me an article about the IBM "clicky" keyboard. This is the keyboard that I have used pretty much all of my working life. And, no I don't ever intend to use any other kind of keyboard. I have on occasion, had to use a "soft" keyboard which feels mushy when I use it.

When I was in high school, my business teacher, Mrs. Orr, told us that if we were going to make our living as a typist (probably now called a "keyboarder", then we had better be damn good. I took her message to heart, and I think this many years later, she would be very proud of me. I know I am.

I had my first job in 1968, and all this many years later, until 2013, made my living pounding on a keyboard. At times, I could type as fast as a boss could talk.

I no longer work, but I blog mostly every day, research a whole bunch of nonsense stuff, and to Jeff's dismay, put in orders from Amazon! 

I believe the younger generations (no hate mail please), who predominately use keyboards for gaming purposes, think that the "clicky" keyboard is too slow to use.  And, that's okay with me. That means, that my style of keyboard isn't something younger people want to use.

Sometimes, when we're watching television, I mentally push keys to what is being said. To further confirm how much a "nut" I am, I also sometimes think about shorthand words too.

Myself and my old keyboard, will probably not write again until Monday.

P

 Image result for picture of an ibm clicky keyboard

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...