Tuesday, September 3, 2019

I'm Back

9/3/2019

You may have noticed, and I hope you did, miss me. I was taking a short break from blogging. In my mind, I didn't have anything to talk about.That's actually not true, there's a lot of stuff going on in my head, but nothing worth writing about. At least that's what I think.

Today, Benjamin entered the 6th grade. Andrew posted a very nice picture of Benjamin. We always took first day of school pictures. 

When I talked to Benjamin last night, we had a good chat and I told him that the first day of anything, is the hardest. Then, it's smooth sailing. I also told him how proud Jeff and I were of him entering middle school. I told him that when Jeff and I were of a similar age, we went to junior high! And, that when we were in junior high, the Beatles came out with their first song - "I Want To Hold Your Hand". A lot of swooning was heard whenever that song came on the radio. And, to be fair we did a fair amount of swooning when Elvis was on the radio!

And, it's still hard to grasp that it's been 50 years since my graduation in 1967. A sure way to know you're old is to find your birthday or age on a sliding scale.  Getting closer to the bottom every year!

Benjamin is supposed to call us tonight to tell us all about his first day. Talking to him last night, got me a little teary. I was thinking back to when he was a baby and then toddler. Benjamin is now about as tall as I am. 

Pretty nice day, weather wise. But, I've noticed that it's getting darker earlier every day. So here's a fun fact. In August, we lose 2 minutes everyday and that in the following months, we will lose an additional hour and 8 minutes. As we lose time, it gets darker earlier (duh). This is so not good for a person such as myself. But, I do sit at my desk, with my "happy light" on, every day.

I should have, but didn't, blog this morning.  Perhaps tomorrow I will be on a more normal routine.

I hope you had a great day. See you tomorrow.

P





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...