Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Christmas (groan)!

9/25/2019

I know you are all groaning about my title. Here's the thing, Christmas always seems to sneak up on people. Frankly, I don't know how that's possible.

After Halloween, artificial trees, wreaths, wrapping paper, etc. are available in all the stores. If I was the shopper who gathers up these kinds of items, after Christmas. That has never been my thing. Whatever you buy, you have to put in somewhere in your house. Argh. A perfect example is that a few Christmases ago, I bought Jeff some new Crocs. When all the presents were open, I looked for, and didn't find, the Crocs. Recently, I was in the spare bedroom (I don't know why) and under the bed were the Crocs in question! Now that I had them in my possession, I could either: (a) give them to him now; or (b) save them for a Christmas gift this year. I went for option A, and he is enjoying them very much.

As a mother of boys, they didn't give two hoots about wrapping paper, ribbons or bows. It was all about the gift. Since they are all men now, sometimes I just put packing tape around the Amazon box. Then I simply write their name on the box using a Sharpie. The boys seems to be okay with this kind of Christmas presents.

Today, I went to Amazon (is there any other store?) and searched and found Stacey and Wendy presents. I didn't buy them, of course, but have put these items in my wish list (which I don't think anyone looks at).

To be fair, I haven't started playing Christmas songs YET. I do have some willpower, but not much of it.

I have so much control, that I'm not going to tell you how many days you have left for shopping! Oh wait, I was just kidding. There are 91 days left.

Have a good day, wherever you are.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...