Thursday, September 26, 2019

What You See Maybe Not What You're Going To Eat!

9/26/2019

You might be thinking that I'm off my rocker (well, truly I am most of the time), but the look of certain foods that are strange to you can alter whether you are going to eat said food!

When I was a teenager, one time my mother thought it would be fun to color mashed potatoes red. Even though my brain knew that they were still mashed potatoes, I just couldn't eat them.

Last time Jeff was in a store, he bought black bean pasta. He just wanted to try it out, so it might have made more sense to buy a single serving box. Yesterday, Jeff made spaghetti using the black bean pasta. For me, looking at my plate, all I could think about was worms. Truly, that's what black bean pasta looks like. First, I didn't like the color of the pasta - black is off putting for me. I did try to be unbiased. But the black "worms" were just too much for me. Also, in my defense I didn't actually like the taste of the "worms". Unfortunately, we have one or two boxes left. When you buy at Costco, you generally get more than one package of anything. Shopping at Costco, means you are buying a bulk something or another.

For now, I have shoved the pasta into the nether regions of my pantry. Perhaps, if there is a mouse in the house, and I suspect there is, he might do me a favor of gnawing on the box. If I see evidence of damage, I'll be justified in tossing out the pasta. That's the plan anyway. I'll let you know how that goes. 

Ada is coming today, which means that I need to get my shredding done, because emptying the shredder can and generally does get messy! This is definitely on my chore list! And, we know how well that works out for me. But, I'm going to try.

After looking at this picture, tell me that you are not reminded of worms.


 
 Image result for picture of black bean pasta

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...