Monday, September 23, 2019

The Emmy's

9/23/2019

Last night, Jeff and I watched The Emmy's event. I like watching mostly for the dresses and the jewels. There was a lady in what looked to me as a skin tight "plastic" dress. I could only imagine how uncomfortable she might have been through the night. 

And, then there was the potential problem of exposing too much skin on top. These women, wore of course, some kind of sticky tape or perhaps even glue, to keep the girls from spilling out! We saw some really beautiful gowns, but there was probably as many who made the "worst dress list". I think, since I'll never be a movie star, or super duper rich, I don't know how these ladies end up looking so bad. I mean, they have someone to do their hair, make-up, and probably someone who helps them get into their gowns. Doesn't antibody look in a mirror any more?
 

Also, if I was wearing borrowed jewelry, I think I would spend my entire night, checking that the earrings or necklace haven't fallen off.  Horrors. We saw, some really elegant dresses, and

Jeff and I watch Steven Colbert every night. I was disappointed that neither Colbert, nor his writing staff, received nothing - zero.

John Oliver, who we also watch, received two Emmy's. We like his show, but it's only on once a week. 

Thanks to our favorite shows returning, it means that Jeff and I won't have to talk to each other! (Kidding). Here's an example of just one dress. And, believe me there were many more.


"Russian Doll" star Greta Lee looked out of this world (not in a good way) in an extraterrestrial green, Christopher John Rogers two-piece.  


P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...