Friday, September 27, 2019

A "vision"

9/27/2019

When I say "vision", I'm talking about what I want to do in the house. Unfortunately, for the most part, Jeff doesn't see what I see. He sees an empty space - I see possibilities.

I've been looking at kitchen carts with open shelves for storage. My desire is to put heavy things like the InstaPot on the top, and gather up all my Tupperware (I have lots), and use the shelves to get bottoms and tops organized. Sounds good doesn't it.

I have found several heavy duty metal kitchen carts, that are the correct size to fit in the space where I would put it in the kitchen for not only storing heavy things, but our growing number of water containers. And likely other stuff as well.

Unlike some, I do not like a bunch of stuff on my counters. While I know that some things have to be on the counters, there are still things that I think should have a different home. Obviously, while they take up a certain amount of space, I couldn't put any dog treats on the cart - unless they were in a sealed tight container. Even then, I think Bella would challenge the container to get whatever treats were inside!

The kitchen cart I have in mind, will fit nicely against the back wall of the microwave and oven. Maybe, I'm trying to do my "spring" cleaning in the fall! No law against that, I think.

There is a marketplace on Facebook. It's a wonderful place to look for goodies. I have found several carts (for example), that I like very much. Problem? The seller doesn't list the measurements. How can a seller do that? Am I supposed to guess how big/tall this item is? When I send a message to the sellers, I only hear crickets. Message to sellers: don't put an item up for sale, without dimensions. It's a waste of your time and mine.

What I would really like is to buy something weathered and/or worn. Most of these items come un-assembled (sp). which would give me an opportunity to paint said item red. There is just something about having a red something in the kitchen!

Among other things, "national" day events for today are:  

National Chocolate Milk Day
National Crush a Can Day and
National Corned Beef Hash day


I could get behind chocolate milk and perhaps crush a can. Corned beef - not so much!

 Have a great day and weekend.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...