Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Shreding - on and on

9/18/2019

Jeff has a box in his office of things that need to be shredding. I now have this box, in my office, and you know what that means - yup - let the shredding begin!

I can only shred for a "x" amount of time, before the machine just gets to warm to continue. That is also the time, that I get tired of shoveling paper into the machine! See how well that works?

In one of my jobs, my boss was paranoid with a capital P. He would give me documents, etc. If the document in question had an "x"  on it, that meant it was to be shredded. He, like Jeff, shredded envelopes that didn't have any link to us - like a name or our address. But, I agree it's a scary world out there, and privacy is now really necessary.

I am now on day two of shredding. Problem is, when I dump the contents of the shredding, not all of it goes into the bag. Nope, some pieces end up on the floor. Because of this, I try to shred before Ada comes, so she can vacuum up all the bits and pieces.

When I was working, if the shredder had to be emptied, just like here at home, not everything went into the bag. Solution? I used a packing type tape, and then pulled out pieces of tape. Because, I used that tape to pick up the vast majority of the mess. Did I enjoy doing this? No, but nobody else in the group didn't want to do this messy job. My OCD would not let me leave shredded bits on the floor. They had to be picked up!

I have filled up one bag of shredded paper that will go in the trash. Going to start on bag two later this morning. It's a necessary but mundane job. But, it has to be done.

The box I'm working on, is a box that generally holds reams of paper. I believe I've made a "dent" in the shredding, but I don't see the bottom of the box yet.

I don't know what kind of glamorous job you're going to do today. But, whatever it is, it has to be better than feeding documents into a shredder!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...