Saturday, September 28, 2019

I'm Gonna Wash That Dye Out Of My Hair!

9/28/2019

You know the song, "Gonna Wash That Man Right Out of my Hair" .

My version is: I'm gonna wash that dye out of my hair. Last weekend Wendy brought a jar of "unicorn dye". Sounds great doesn't it? But, as far as I could see, was purple dye - really purple.

For the first few days, I left my hair alone. Truthfully, I scared myself when I looked in the mirror. I did though, look a bit like an old lady rocker!

I happened to have bought "dye eraser". You put this goop on your head and cover it with a cap. Okay, I didn't have a cap, so I wrapped my head in plastic wrap.  Doesn't everybody?

The goo had to be on my head for 8 hours. I anxiously waited until time was up. I then washed my hair and dried it vigorously. Then, I grabbed up my hair dryer, which normally resides in the spare bathroom. Once the drying was done, I was so excited to not see purple, but a lovely shade of lavender instead. This light color, suits me very much. And, the lavender is more prominent around my face. I don't know what the back looks like, and um I frankly don't care. It's sort of my "caboose". I know it's back there, but don't spend hours looking at my back end. Or, maybe, this is just an old lady thing. Turns out, that a lot of women my age (and you maybe the exception), know their aging, and you for sure, can't turn back the clock. For me, I wouldn't want to go back to a young woman, particularly if I knew what was coming down the line. Perhaps, you feel the same way.

Happy weekend.

P



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...