Monday, September 16, 2019

Mothre Nature Can't Make Up Her Mind!

9/16/2019

I never know what I should wear on any given day. Yesterday, while out and about, we drove with the top down for most of the day. In the afternoon, it (in my opinion) was too hot, and we put the top back up.

Going to be in the 90's today, so obviously "shorty" pants are a necessity. Then, temperatures will drop down for a few days, and then ramp up again. I have shorts, of course, but practically nobody wants to see me in them! Old, white legs just aren't that attractive. Oh, I could use a fake lotion on my legs, which would make them darker, but at this point in life, don't really care.

I walked through the WalMart shop yesterday. To be sure, I was hurting by the end of the shopping, But, I did it. My trainer is going to be so proud of me! Jeff and I kept our purchases to a minimum. Probably, because we don't really "eat" dinners anymore. I'm actually happy with a bowl of cereal. and/or a piece of toast. Not healthy for sure, but I like both of these foods. 

The stores are now packed full of full and Halloween things. Bathing suits, etc., are now being sold at a reduced price. As far as the retailers are concerned, summer is officially over. 

Tonight, I'm having an MRI of my back to see what's what. Obviously, I don't want them to find something big and horrible, but it would be helpful, if they saw something that has caused my right leg and foot to be numb for years. I would like to have a cure for this condition, and who wouldn't?

I keep assuring Jeff that the fall shows are on their way this month, at least most of them. The summer television offerings can be grim. This lack of shows forces Jeff and I to have to talk (horrors). 

This Saturday, we're going to Andrew's house for a get-together with all of the family. We can celebrate Andrew and Stacey's anniversary, as well as our 45th anniversary. And, no we haven't killed each other yet!

We're going to have the usual casual food: dogs, burgers, etc. Jeff and I will bring all of these. No cooking required on our part. I have left the sides to Stacey and Wendy. It should be a good day. Can't wait to see Benjamin. Now, that he's in school, there are no middle of the week outings, which we all enjoyed. And, I constantly have to remind myself that Benjamin is not a little boy any longer. I love the boy that he's become, but I won't lie, I miss the little boy,

The news is depressing, and the horrific weather that has hit the Bahamas as well as parts of the United States, is unsettling. What can you do for these people? They need everything. 

This reminds me of Katrina, while I was working in the legal department. Whole families were displaced and homes destroyed. Marriott people, who were in need of help, filled out a form, indicating whether they needed help with finding shelter (most of them did), and an estimation of the loss they had suffered. After the form came back to the legal department, it was up to our lawyers to decide what kind of aid, and how much aid, a person could receive. It was a depressing task, to say the least.

Jeff needs 30 minutes of my time, going through a massive amount of paper. I have made two piles: trash (i.e., no name or address), and the paper that has to be either shredded or burned in Andrew's fire pit. It would be easier, to take ALL of BDI's paper (towing business), to one of those places where you just give them the boxes and/or bags, just pay and walk away.

Our lawn man is here, so the huffing and barking from Bella has begun. While she's not really a big dog, she can and does make a lot of noise!

P

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...