Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Donations

1/23/2020

I've received a reminder that Purple Hearts is in need of donations. I don't always have something to donate, but at the moment, I do.

I have a number of books of my own, that I'm going to donate. If I were to try and sell them, at a used bookstore, I would only get a fraction of what the books originally cost. 

I also have a large number of Benjamin's toys that he has now outgrown. After all, he'll be 12 this year. The toys in the toy box, are of little interest to him now, and are just awaiting a new home. I know that there are a lot of children, who would love a new toy.

As my shoe size has changed (gotten wider), I have several pairs of shoes that I am pretty sure I can donate. Like the clothes I tried on over the weekend, now it's time to try on shoes. Still haven't found the energy to start putting away all the clothes that I sorted out! This is about the time I wish I had an assistant!!

What I don't want to do, is to donate items that Purple Heart won't accept. I checked out their website, and they have a list of what they will accept and what they won't accept. Luckily, the things that I want to donate are all on the acceptable list, this is good.

If, I was secure in my new weight, and was 100% sure that I'd never weigh that much again, then I would have an entire bag of clothes to donate. My trainer tells me that I should keep all of my "big" clothes for 2 years. If I haven't needed them during that period, it's okay to get rid of them.

I am weighing in on the scale just two times a day. First thing in the morning, and last thing at night. I get it - it makes me sound like a fanatic, but I just like knowing that if I have indulged in too much food in a day, then I want to be aware of the numbers. The scale is making me accountable for the amount of calories I have in a day.

P

 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...