Friday, January 10, 2020

Early Today!!

1/10/2020

Please note - this blog is being written well before lunch time. I'm so very proud of myself. 

Last week, when I started to go into the garage, this little "squeaky" mouse was hightailing it under my car. Many years ago, I thought I had a lifetime agreement with the "head mouse". The deal was that the mice could have the garage and eat stuff. Generally, there is some spilled kibble on the ground. And, how much food does a mice have to eat to stay alive? Apparently, very little, only 4-5 grams a day. 

We've tried mouse traps, which work some of the time. I always wonder how the mouse gets the cheese set on the trap, without tripping the "thingy" (whatever it's called). I could but never would catch them live and put them back out in the street, so to speak. If, I did that, they would surely end up back in my house. And, I don't like that.

My solution: simple really - get a cat. I don't want a kitten, I want an adult cat, who hopefully has some mouse catching skills. Before getting a cat, I'm going to clear the floor of the pantry. Yes, that pantry, where you can't actually see the floor! Yikes I know.

Will the dogs and a cat get along. Eventually. Years ago, we brought home a new dog, and there was a lot of growling and egos being tossed around. Solution? We put both dogs in the laundry room to work things out. It didn't take long, before we took them out of the laundry room, and they became best friends. 

Of course, introducing a cat will be a tad will be a bit more challgening. The only good thing that a mouse does for me, is to nibble on a box of food. Once I see that little hole at the bottom of a package, I then toss out the entire box. I'm not taking chances here. And, purging is theraputic, at least for me. I'm pretty sure that Jeff doesn't feel the same way. 

Just as Bella is a service dog for me, this cat will be a "working" cat! You know that everybody has to pull their own weight.

When I look at the cats at the Humane Society, some of them have been there since early 2019, and I feel sorry for those cats. Are these cats too old? Too ugly? Who knows.

I will keep you posted as the cat selection progresses.

P



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...