Friday, January 17, 2020

To Be Hair - Or Not To Be Hair?

1/17/2020

Some of you will remember the song "Hair", which was popular a long time ago. I loved that song, and if I heard it again, I'd still be moving my feet all around! Also, if you listen to the song "YMCA", that will definitely get you moving.

Jeff started shaving his head a few years ago. Now, when he goes out, particularly in the summer, he wears a hat. And, obviously that makes sense. For me, my hair is quite short. It's easier to take care of - basically wash, comb and I'm done. Not trying to make a fashion statement.

I, have been waxing parts of my face, for over 30 years. And, no matter how many times I wax, the hair always comes back. Apparently, my body isn't getting the message that I don't want facial hair. Of late though, I've noticed that the growth of my facial (i.e., mustache) hair has slowed done. Is this a bonus when you turn 70? I sure do hope so. Waxing can be expensive, partly because as long as you are there, why not get fingers and toes polished. By doing this, we save gas! At least, that's my mental rationale. Jeff probably disagrees. 

On our honeymoon, we were riding a bus in San Francisco, and there was a woman sitting near us that had this impossibly long hair on her face. The urge to just yank it off definitely came to mind. Being only 25, facial hair hadn't yet became a problem. And, I do envy blonde hair women, because their facial hair is not quite as prominent as it is with us brown haired women. Simply not fair.

In colder weather, I have earmuffs that I will wear in the car, when and if we get any winter. I think we're supposed to get some sort of weather tomorrow. And, if we do, we will likely not be using Jeff's car. We'll probably take out my car, which is heavy and works very well in snow (okay, a small snow).

One thing I know for certain, it feels really good to be in the den. And, if the girls could vote, they would also let us know that they like it too!

I like to keep you guys in the loop. Today, we have two options for celebration: National Boot Leggers' Day and/or Hot Buttered Rum.

So, if it's warm where you are, please enjoy.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...