Thursday, January 16, 2020

Weighted Blanket

1/16/2020

For my birthday, Andrew and Stacey gave me a weighted blanket - and I love it. The blanket is for use on the bed and absolutely too big to use as a "throw" on my chair.

Because I loved the blanket so much, I bought myself a weighted throw that weighs 8 pounds. The preferred cleaning of these weighted items is hand wash. Now, I hope that I never or seldom have to wash either of these two weighted items.

After doing some research, and you know how much I love doing that, it appears that the blanket can go into the washing machine on a gentle cycle. There are also duvet-type covers that help to keep your blanket clean. When I'm in my chair, I put a large towel over the top, so that Daisy's hair won't become much of a problem. 

If you haven't heard of a weighted blanket, you should definitely check it out. Make no mistake, the blankets and/or throws are heavy, but once on your body, it feels comforting. And, as a person who suffers from anxiety, I believe it does help. The weighted blankets, etc., feels like (to me anyway) like having a hug. Check it out.

My blanket/throws are the same fabric on both sides, and I like that. It appears, however, that you can buy this item with a different backing. A personal decision, but not one I think you'll regret.

Windy here at the moment. Temperatures are expected to start dropping, and perhaps we'll see a little winter weather this weekend. Could be snow, could be ice and/or rain. We'll just have to wait and see.

P

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...