Saturday, January 18, 2020

The "Snow" Event?

1/18/2020

For days on end, all we've heard on the news, is this weather "event". According to those in the know, we should have had some snow (and it's not even enough to cover the ground), perhaps ice followed by rain. Basically, a good day for yours truly to remain in the house.

I used to go to the library on a regular basis. My interest is mostly romantic or the like. And, I seek out large print books always. However, large print books are obviously not as popular as other books. But, for me, the large print makes my hobby more enjoyable. No need for reading glasses!

I have been following a certain author "Jenny Colgan" for a few weeks now. Her books are lovely to read, most of them centered around bakeries or bookshops. She has written 24 books, at least for now. Her books that are about food, such as "Meet Me at the Cupcake Cafe", generally have recipes. The measurements though are in grams, etc., which would have to be converted into cups, etc., is not something that I want to do. However, those recipes are all tasty, and for the most part, desserts. Hum, who doesn't like desserts? 

In one of her books, I found a piece of paper with an address, which is obviously, from the United Kingdom. I've given some thought to writing to this woman (I presume) and letting her know that the book she was reading has made it's way to Maryland. If somebody reached out to me, let's say about a book that I've read, I'd be thrilled. So, for the cost of a stamp, it's worth writing a letter.

I have renewed my account at the library. I haven't used the library since 2018. Now that my account is now current, I quickly selected 7 books that I would like to read. I'm sure that Jeff will appreciate this. And Amazon won't.

But, after my chores are done, more or less, I hurry to my chair and grab up the book that I'm reading. Once ensconced in a book, I can literally forget that the world exists. And, there are times, particularly as a teenager, when that wasn't such a good idea.

I hope it's sunny and warm where you are. Since it's cold outside, Jeff is going to make chicken soup today. Yumm. Jeff is now doing the bulk of the cooking, something about my not being able to easily follow a recipe.

P

Image result for picture of lots of books

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...