Wednesday, January 15, 2020

To Debate Or Not Too Debate

1/15/2020

Last night I tried, really I did, to stay awake during the debate. And, I failed. Sometime, after the debate started, I fell asleep. So much for staying current!

I do, for part of the time, rather enjoy the sparring between the candidates: Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, being one. 

Which candidate will ultimately be the Democratic nominee is, at this point, anybody's guess. 

And, this is all I'm going to say about politics. 

At the moment, we're enjoying some pretty nice weather. The sky is blue, and admittedly, I think, but Jeff doesn't, that's a little crispy outside. However, I think that on Saturday, we may have our first real snowstorm. It won't be a mega storm, but we could possibly get 1-2 inches. When Jeff and I came to Maryland in 1986, our neighbor told us that, when it comes to driveways, black is good. Meaning, get the snow off the driveway and let the sun help with melting. Jeff has adhered to this philosophy through the years. Mr. Beck was not wrong. When we get a lot of snow, I worry about Jeff overdoing when it comes to shoveling. This was, of course, something that the boys used to do, when they were home. And, now they're not.

This also used to bring in the firewood, and start and keep a fire going during cold weather. After they left home, we eventually bought a gas fireplace. One button turns it on and that same button turns it off. Does it smell as good as a real fireplace? Nope. But, it's really convenient. 

We find, as we age, that the more chores, like house cleaning and lawn mowing, we can pay others to do for us, is better. Having help does give us time to do other things. Reading is very important to me, and I have recently started buying up books, so that I can pick and choose what to read. I have a Kindle, but many times it's cheaper to buy an actual book! And, I must confess, I still like holding and reading a real book. Even though I now need reading glasses. But, after my cataract surgery, I can see things far away just fine. So, if you're ever on the fence about having cataract surgery, do it. My surgery was very successful and it actually feels strange to not be wearing glasses.

Today is National Bagel Day (and I had one this morning!) as well as National Hat Day. Jeff wears hats - I don't.

Happy Wednesday.

P







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...