Thursday, January 23, 2020

I'm Late - Sorry!

1/23/2020

I have an excuse for blogging so late. People, I can see you rolling your eyes. I had an early dental appointment to have phase 2 of my implants started. So, when somebody tells you that they have screws in their head - I literally do have screws in my head! The process of having implants, is a 3 step process, and patience is required. And, luckily I do have a lot of patience.

Yesterday, while sorting things out of the house that I could donate to Purple Heart, I found many things. I have books, of course, and games that Benjamin is now too old to play. Sadly. In poking around, I also found several toys that he has outgrown, but to another child, will be fabulous and new.

In my living room, which nobody uses, I had a shopping bag made out of some kind of cheap cloth, where I stashed my yarn. When I tried going through the bag, it completely disintegrated in my hands. And, of course, the bag was red. Luckily, for me, Ada was coming and vacuumed the mess up!

Oh, back to my knitting bag, mixed in with yarn, needles, etc., I found 2 bottles of nail polish (really?), and, two small books that Benjamin used to read a long time ago. I could hang on to the things Benjamin has outgrown, but, I know, or at least I think I do, that he is going to my only grandson. Elly, is my only granddaughter. It's possible, I suppose, that Benjamin could be the last of the Bassett line. For me, that is sobering.

Jeff is picking Benjamin up this afternoon for basketball practice, and then he'll take him home. Stacey, has pneumonia, so I'm staying away from the house. Generally, I get bronchitis every winter, so I'm not taking any unnecessary chances. Once that little "itis" bug gets into my chest, it stays there for a long time.

It's cold by my standards - but merely cool for Jeff. It's a gray day outside, which does nothing for my mood. I need sunshine days, which obviously, puts me in a better place.

Today, I simply must go into the room where I have dumped all the clothes that fit, and actually do something with them. Just getting into the bedroom, will be akin to climbing a medium sized mountain. And, no I'm not kidding. Let's put it this way, after seeing all these clothes, it would be a hard sell to tell Jeff that I have nothing to wear! But, I have explained to him, that it is part of a woman's DNA, to have new clothes and/or shoes. 

Happy Thursday everybody.

P



 



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...