Monday, January 6, 2020

Golden Globes

1/6/2020

Last night for television, we pretty much had only two choices. Impeachment things and/or Golden Globes Ceremony. We opted for the latter. 

Since Jeff and I haven't watched many of the movies or tv shows that were up for awards, I concentrated on the dresses. Boy, the first thing I observed were the dresses probably held together by chewing gum! I know women are now more comfortable showing a lot of cleavage. Notice I said more comfortable. What I saw last night, went well and beyond what I was taught about dressing. I was taught, and perhaps you were as well, was to look and dress like a lady all the time. 

Apparently, women of today don't share my Mother's opinion. Personally, I didn't get my first pair of jeans until I entered high school. Now, of course, it seems like everybody is buying jeans with holes already in them. Oh, I'm a "bit" old fashioned, but it would possibly kill me, if I went and spent good money on jeans already looking worn out. Maybe, if I was younger and/or thinner, I might opt for this trend. Somehow, I don't think so. Buying jeans in that condition, could give Jeff a stroke. (Just kidding).

Some of the dresses last night, were downright ugly (my opinion only - no hate mail). You have to sit for a very long time, and obviously look glamorous always! There was some dresses that looked great. Others had  "bat wings" on their dresses. And others had wide dresses that probably didn't make sitting very comfortable. 

Here's an example of what I believe (again, only my opinion)  were not red carpet worthy. What do you think about the "wings" on that yellow dress? 

P


Gwyneth Paltrow arrives at the 77th annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, in Beverly Hills, Calif77th Annual Golden Globe Awards - Arrivals, Beverly Hills, USA - 05 Jan 2020Salma Hayek arrives at the 77th annual Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, in Beverly Hills, Calif77th Annual Golden Globe Awards - Arrivals, Beverly Hills, USA - 05 Jan 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...