Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Reality Shows

1/21/2020

You all know, that I love reality television. Okay, I know it's really "fake" television, and I'm okay with that. I love all the drama (real or scripted) that plays out on this type of television.

Currently, my main reality "show" is the "Bachelor". Currently, it's one handsome man, and a gaggle of beautiful women. The women are all trying to end up as the last woman on the show, wearing an engagement ring. The facts show that most of these engaged couples, don't last. I checked out the statistics (and you know I would), and after 23 seasons, only two couples actually got married. Six couples are together but not married. The odds aren't too good about finding that "perfect" person, particularly with cameras in your face all the time.

Some of the drama on this show in particular reminds me of middle or high school behavior. The backstabbing, gossip, and petty maneuvers to get to spend more time with the Bachelor. It's possible, I suppose, that if I was beautiful (laughing out loud), and looking for my lifetime partner, then perhaps I would also engage in this silly behavior. 

I have always contended that if a person(s) wants to go on a reality show, and perhaps make a fool out of themselves, then I don't feel guilty watching them.

Jeff and I watch "Guardians of the Glades". Now, in this reality show, the people who are being taped, are really hunting and capturing pythons. And, apparently there are a lot of them. The hunters get $8.25 an hour (you'd have to pay me a whole lot more to go after any kind of snake). They get $50.00 for pythons up to 4 feet, and additional $25.00 for each foot over 4 feet. The main character hunts down these scary snakes, who can eat a pig or deer whole, doesn't even wear shoes. Seriously? I don't even go barefoot in the house. Why? Because my mother, back when parents words were to be followed, she contended that if I went barefoot a lot, then my foot width would increase. And, that hasn't happened. Which proves that parents aren't always right!

It's cold outside today, and it's likely that I will not be going out to do my laps around the circle. I hate being cold, and lately I'm cold most of the time, which means I have a warm heart! Or that's the theory anyway.

The only thing that would make this cold weather better, would be to have snow.

P

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...