Friday, January 24, 2020

Crocodiles - Oh My!

1/24/2020

It's Friday at last. I guess, actually I know, that I shouldn't complain, because for me basically every day is a Friday. 

I have sincerely tried to watch the Impeachment proceedings, but truthfully after a few minutes, I find myself dozing off! I know this is history, but a person (well, at least this person) just can't spend long hours watching television. The impeachments of Nixon and Clinton, I guess they just didn't register with me. Could be, that the circumstances surrounding those impeachments, was a
slam dunk".


One of our favorite shows is "Swamp People". The people on this show, which is, scripted, like all reality shows, hunt alligators. There are "x" number of hunters (I can't remember how many), who spend their days during alligator hunting season, catching alligators. These hunters work hard for the money they receive from the sale of alligators. For a 7 foot or longer "gator", they get $12 to $15 per foot. A 10 foot "gator" is worth $13 a foot.

Tom Landry, the alligator king, earns $25,000 per episode - not a bad wage. But, these hunters do have to work for their money. And, like anything else, there are rules to follow. Alligator season is only 30 days long. I believe that the hunters must have other jobs, in the off season.

When Jeff and I went to Louisiana for a trip (could have been a pilot thing), we took a air boat "cruise" down a river. First thing that happened was when the air boat started up, I lost my hat in mere seconds. 

But, the most fun, and clearly these alligators are almost trained to do so, they would come out of the water to eat marshmallows. This, I can assure you, is a real treat for a tourist. Somehow, I'm sure that an alligator out in the swamp, isn't looking for marshmallows. They're looking for other things to eat, such as fish, turtles and frogs. And, I suppose if they could get hold of an unsuspecting big animal, like a pig, that would be more like a buffet dish, rather than a snack.

So, now you know everything that I know about the show "Swamp People". You might try checking it out.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...