Monday, January 13, 2020

Something Has To Get Started In This Old Brain!

1/13/2020

This morning, I appear to have an empty brain. Some would say, so what's new! (smiley face here).

Jeff and I did the weekly "shop" yesterday. We bought wisely, and didn't give into our yearnings. No cookies, ice cream, candy, etc. Okay, well you all know that those are the foods that would be on my list! Jeff goes for crackers, and other salty food. This is one of the ways that we make a good couple! I stay out of his things, and for the most part, he doesn't eat sweets. Perfect.

I've always been fascinated with the Royal Family, so it's no wonder that the news about Harry and Megan caught the world by storm. This is, to my thinking anyway, looking more like a soap opera. And, who doesn't like a bit of drama, at long as it's not your drama!

There is some talk about snow possibly falling here on Friday. Since we haven't had snow, except for the little sprinkling a few weeks ago, lots of people are looking forward and/or hoping that this time we'll have an adequate amount of snow. Or, as Scott likes to call it, "crap loads" - meaning inches, or feet which he would like even more! Scott's new car, a Ford Expedition, will work very nicely in snow. Jeff's car in snow, forget about it. My car, is somewhere in the middle. Theory is, if you don't need to go out, don't. 

We noticed while at the stores, that both Costco and WalMart were super crowded. In the event of a storm, we need: milk, eggs, toilet paper (definitely essential) as well as a few other things. Ice cream is always nice to have in the freezer! Oh, and I need protein water, and a new order arrived yesterday. So I'm all good.

Because I believe that I'm doing so well on my "diet" that I started in November 2018, I have bagged up most of the food products. It has taken time, but I'm really aware of portion control. At the restaurant yesterday, I ate only half of my sandwich, and even left the majority of the french fries. I think of myself now as Patti 2.0!

I hope you're having a good day. As good of a day as a Monday can be. This month we celebrate Martin Luther King day.

But, we also celebrate "Rubber Duckie Day!

P




Image result for picture of rubber ducky

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...