Saturday, January 11, 2020

Searching for Gold and Treasure!

1/11/2020

Jeff and I are really entertained with the shows where the "stars" are either looking for gold and/or buried treasure. With the exception of the show "Gold Rush", where one miner, in particular, seems to always get a large output of the gold stuff, others don't.

The price of gold today is $1,562.69. Parker, a fairly young miner has been very successful. His goal this year is for 6,000 ounces. If he reaches his goal, he will earn (and I'm horrible at math), somewhere around $94,121.40. I consider that to be a pretty good payday. Obviously, he has to pay his workers and maintain the machinery - but still. If you search for him, his personal life seems to be pretty dull. When I actually think about it, our life is pretty dull also! Just stating the facts.

On the show "Curse of Oak Island", though Jeff and I both know that it's scripted, we watch each episode silently cheering the team on. I think Jeff and I would probably have a heart attack, if treasures were found on Oak Island, or Gold Rush. We know in our hearts that we're never going to search for treasures. Why do we know this? Because even with scratch off tickets, we only win in numbers lower than $5.00. Hardly pays for the ticket. But hope springs eternal.

So, on Friday nights, you can find both of us watching with interest. If there was a big win or lots of buried treasure found, I think it would give Jeff and I a heart attack!

Good luck to all the seekers of treasure out there. Fear not, the coach potatoes are rooting for you! Here's a picture of a "tiny" nugget.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...