Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter

4/4/2015

In case you've not been in a store recently, then you have missed the Easter buying frenzy.  Jeff and I were at our favorite "mart" store last night, doing what we call a big shop (which means I'm along and over-filling the cart)!  

The aisles dedicated to Easter had, at one time, been overflowing with all things Easter related: chocolate animals, plastic Easter eggs, stuffed animals, egg-dying kits (you can now buy 24K gold egg dye)!  Of course, there were also the obligatory pre-made baskets wrapped up in colored cellophane and tied with a ribbon.  If, you purchased one of these baskets, once your child opened up that basket, you would find some chocolate, maybe a tiny toy or two and a lot of grass.

From Easters in the past, when the boys were young, I know that getting the basket grass off your carpet is no easy task.  It's a bit like trying to vacuum up Christmas tree needles.  I can't remember exactly, but when I was young, I don't think the grass was plastic - of course - I could be wrong.
 
After looking at Google, I am right, the grass was not plastic but made from paper.  Don't those little nests look super inviting?  Turns out that the paper grass comes from Germany.


 

 You can also buy paper mache Easter Sunday eggs, also made in Germany:

 

And my personal favorite the panorama sugar egg:
 












So however you make your Easter baskets, just remember to add the chocolate rabbit!

Happy hunting.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...