Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Craigslist

4/29/2015

Craigslist, a electronic bulletin board, if you will, where you can buy, swap and sell just about anything.  I've tried selling a few things on Craigslist, with what I consider very little success.  

I sold last year all of Benjamin's wooden play food and appliances, for what I believed a very good price.  Still the woman who eventually bought the food, nit-picked about what she was willing to buy.  Seriously?  We're just talking about play food.  She didn't want to take everything that I believe I was selling for $10.00.  The things I was selling were made by Melissa and Todd and there toys are very well made and worth the money.

For the past month or so, I've been trying to sell a Britax car seat.  The car seat was only used occasionally by Benjamin when he stayed overnight.  Yes, it was past it's "expiration" date, but the car seat was in excellent condition - no stains - no tears.  I started to try and sell the car seat for $75.00, which was a bargain, considering the original price I paid of $300.00.  The lady was a bit worried about the 2008 manufacturing date, and I assured her that the car seat had never been in an accident, and truthfully I could think of nobody who would toss out a $300.00 car seat because it was no longer under warranty.  She agreed.

Then I moved down to $70.00 - nothing.  The car seat is big, bulky and heavy and I just wanted it gone.  I've nowhere to store it, and since it was beyond it's expiration date, there were very few interested in it.

At $65.00, someone finally called me yesterday.  And, if wonders never cease, actually came to the house last night!  She loved the car seat, which she was buying for her grandchild.  She asked if I would take $55.00 and I agreed.  

I suppose I could have held out for a higher price, but who knows how long I might have to wait for someone who would buy it.  As they say, a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush!

My next Craigslist challenge is to sell my Britax Frontier booster seat.  That car seat is still within it's warranty date, and like the car seat I sold yesterday, is clean, no stains and no tears.  I'm sure that whatever price I start with when I list it, won't be the price that I actually get for it!  Such is business I guess.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...