Friday, April 17, 2015

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

4/17/2015

There isn't, in my humble opinion, a season better than spring.  It's not cold, nor is it too hot.  The weather is somewhere in the middle.  In winter, getting into your car and sitting down can be a teeth chattering experience.  Likewise, in the summer, you can burn your rear end when you get into a car and there's not enough words to express how hot a steering wheel can be.

Even for people like me, who don't go outside much, there is definitely a pull at the moment.  Thanks to all the rain, the lawns are bright green, the Bradford Pear trees are in full bloom with their beautiful white flowers.  Still waiting for the mighty oak in the front yard to wake up, it's always the last one to bud out - but when it does - it's glorious.

If I get my chores done, then I might drag out my new lightweight chair to the front yard and catch some rays on legs that haven't seen the sun in oh about a year!  I am a firm believer that skin looks better when tanned, you don't have to go as far as to burn, just toasty looking!

I've started my laundry (yawn) and cleaned up the kitchen (double yawn).  The whole day is before me and I can do as much or as little as I want.  I no longer feel bad if I don't vacuum every few days, it's not like the dogs care if I pick up their hair!!

Last year I bought some plants for the backyard and babied them until I was sure they were going to grow up.  I might do the same thing this year, but getting up and down is very difficult for me.  Mind you, the end result is lovely.  I can't say the same thing for the backache.  

While my yard guys were here this week, I convinced them in some kind of broken English, to cut down my decorative grass plants and the hostas as well.  There is nothing lovelier than watching new life come out of a brown, dried up stump (for lack of a better word).  

I hope you can get out and enjoy this beautiful day.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...