Friday, April 3, 2015

Turning Blogs into a Book?

4/3/2015

I've been blogging about stuff and nonsense for several years now.  Some days when I sit at the computer and stare at the blank white "page" where I type witty, informative or damning, I get nothing.  I call that Blog Block!  It's not a terminal disease but because I have a small following, I try most days to have something to say - about something.

When I started my blog, I opted to not throw people under the bus - unless it was Jeff - who is a good sport.  If I'm talking about current events, I diplomatically leave out identifying names for instance.  I have always wanted my blog to be "G" rated, at least most of the time.

I have recently sent some, but not all, of my blogs to an editor for review.  My hope is that while I have put Wilma (a book eventually) on the back burner, I have written a lot of blogs.  

I went through my blogs and was on occasion really proud of what I'd written.  Other blogs - not so much.  So I gathered up pages and pages of note-worthy, in my opinion, blogs and sent them off to be reviewed, edited and/or deleted.

It is no secret among my friends that I would really like to see my name in print, even if it's just on a small book.  If, between my editor and I, we manage to put my blogs in some semblance of order and eventually those blogs are seen by a publisher - I'd be very happy.  To be fair, if a publisher liked or better yet loved what I've written - then I'd be over the moon!

I have in my time started to read a book, only to send it back to the library, because the book was dull, boring - or insert your favorite negative adjective here!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the future, but not too tightly!  If I ever made even $1.50 on something I've written, I'd be pretty content.  Of course if the decimal point moved over just a tad, I'd be okay with that too!

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...