Thursday, April 2, 2015

Brain Games

4/2/2015

I suffer from short term memory loss, and it's hard to say whether it will improve going forward.  I don't think anyone gives much thought to their memory.  It's just there, and then sometimes it's not.

I'm in the not so much category when it comes to remembering.  Jeff can write down something for me to do, but I, unfortunately forget where I put the note!  This is as frustrating for me as it is for Jeff.

Since I have time - lots of it, I'm making an effort to keep my brain "sharp", or at least as sharp as is possible.  I do crossword puzzles - the Easy and Fast Kind (i.e., with questions like what sound does a cow make?)!  Even with such simple puzzles, I am stumped for an answer more times than I'd like to admit.

Then I discovered a multitude of games on AARP's website.  I enjoy playing something called Ice Cream Blast, where you simply line up three or four candy hearts of the same color for points.  It doesn't require a lot of thinking, but sometimes the three or four in a row can be staring me in the face and I simply don't recognize it!

I also play Words With Friends with friends who are willing to play with someone who generally can't come up with any large scoring words.  I always lose but I enjoy the game and I appreciate the people who play this game with me.

So for now, I keep playing the games that make my brain work hoping that eventually I'll have a better memory.

P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...