Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Yard

4/8/2015

Yesterday, our lawn mowing service came and mowed the yard, our first of the season.  After they leave, it's lovely to go outside and see the tidy tracks of the mower.  At this time of the year, grass seems to grow overnight.

It rained most of yesterday, which for growing things is like adding fuel to a fire.  My daffodils are up as well as a few errant tulips, that were planted years ago and forgotten about.  Our dogwood and oak trees have not yet gotten the message that the temperatures are warming up, and soon they need to be up and at 'em.  

I would love to have a yard filled with a wide assortment of flowers or bushes, but in doing that, it means digging in the dirt, watering and weeding.  I'm good with the watering, but playing in the dirt to pull up weeds today, that will return tomorrow, is hard on my body.

Last spring I planted several plants in the backyard, and babied them along, until I thought they were not in danger of dying.  I will likely add some more plants this spring.  One of the nicest things is going to Home Depot during the week, when the aisles are practically empty, and you have both time and space enough to pick out your flowers - perennials only!  I don't want to plant something today and at the end of the season, the plant is for all practical purposes dead.  

Since it rained so much yesterday, the backyard is now a bog.  Our yard has a low spot that collects water, and it will need days of sunshine to dry up the yard.

 


Daylily Grape Magic Bare Root Dormant Plants (8-Pack)

Happy planting.

P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...