Thursday, April 9, 2015

Birthday Food

4/9/2015

On Jeff's birthday this week, I made him a dinner of pork loin, carrots and potatoes covered in diluted cream of mushroom soup, which makes a lovely gravy.

For dessert, I surprised him with a cake that I haven't made in many years, and after eating it, I don't know why I haven't.

It's called Apple Dump Cake and the recipe was my mothers.  Once you read the easy directions, you will clearly see why we call it dump it cake:



Apple Dump Cake

2 c flour
2 c sugar
2 teas. cinnamon
1 teas. salt
2 teas. soda
1 c nuts
2 eggs
½ c oil
1 can apple pie mix
1 teas. vanilla

Stir all the ingredients together. Bake in a greased 9 x 13 pan at 325 for 1 hour.  Serve with ice cream or cool whip.  This is really easy to make but not particularly calorie friendly.  Still it was a great dessert that I liked to serve warm.

I promise you that if you make this, your family and friends will definitely enjoy it.  The cake is dense, moist and not overly sweet.

Enjoy!

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...