Friday, April 24, 2015

What to Wear

4/24/2015

I'm in a closet dilemma.  And it's not only about sizes, but seasons.  If I buy pants the inseam for petite women is 28", which is about 2" longer than I need - hence the tailor has made a small fortune off of me!

But now it's spring, or at least the calendar thinks so and I have put away pants and am now opting to wear what I call "shorty pants" - capris to the rest of the world.  Capris on me are just about the right length, almost to my ankle - perfect.  I also have several pair of long shorts, because nobody and I mean nobody wants to see me in shorty shorts!  That ship sailed a long time ago my friends.

I have a box in my closet filled with pants, which I now need to pull out from the closet and set them in the spare bedroom.  Then, I need to fill a new box with my shortie pants and shorts until winter comes back around.  The trouble is that some days it's almost balmy outside, and you can open up the windows and freshen up the air in the house.  Then the next day, it's cloudy and cool and even cold, depending on how thick your skin is!

I love spring because it's a beautiful season and the temperature is generally mild.  I hate summers because of the heat and humidity - I abhor getting into my car and burning my hinny on a hot leather seat!  And with the advent of summer, then we get into the when to turn on the air conditioner.  It costs an arm and a leg to cool the house, so I have invested in several fans to move around the house depending on where I'm sitting.  Smart - I know.

If given the choice, I would rather be cold, because you can always put more clothes on.  If you're too hot, well there's only so many clothes you can take off before you're indecent!  And, truthfully, the more of my body that's covered, the better it is for everyone!

Today is gorgeous outside, so I've decided to be 50/50 in my clothes.  Shorty pants with a long-sleeved shirt.  

I hope the sun is shining where you are.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...