Thursday, April 16, 2015

Let's Play Ball!

4/16/2015

When the boys were young, Saturdays were spent watching either soccer or baseball games.  Kenny was a natural at either sport.  When Kenny played softball, my Dad was always in the bleachers cheering on the team.  Oh, and he ate nachos covered in that gooey cheese, which he loved.

Fast forward 30 years or so and now Benjamin is beginning to play softball.  His first game is on Saturday after a parade down Main Street in town.  The game starts at noon and Mom-Mom is going prepared.  Stacey will bring a lawn chair because my days of sitting on bleachers is over and has been for a very long time!

I'm bringing my bag filled with necessary stuff: water, snacks and sunscreen if needed.  I'm really looking forward to cheering on a team.  Jeff won't make the first game because he and Andrew are going to an auction in the morning - Jeff is bringing the truck - just in case they end up buying something big!

I'm getting down my baseball cap today, which has a larger bill than normal and will help prevent my skin from wrinkling (I wish).  The cap is bright red so Benjamin will be able to see me from the field when he's not watching for balls.

A new generation for Jeff and I, and we will have years of watching sports ahead of us.  I can hardly wait.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...