Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring

4/1/2015

With the exception of a few remaining cool(er) days, I think that Mother Nature has once again decided to grace us with the beauty of spring.

Just a quick walk around the yard, and I notice the daffodils have already started to make their appearance.  Of course, dormant flowers aren't the only things popping up - yup - weeds also come out - even though they're not wanted - EVER!

Years ago, after Jeff and I spending precious time on the weekends to mow and edge the lawn, we caved and got a lawn service company.  They come out weekly, mow, edge and leave me with that beautiful smell of freshly mowed grass.

This morning, the lawn service people came to put out some weed killer (for lack of a better word).  They will also fertilize the grass, which with any amount of sunshine and warmer temperatures, which will help green things up.

Since the dogs don't spend much, if any, time in the front yard, the grass will become thick and lush.  Sadly, I can't say the same for the backyard.  The dogs "patrol" the perimeter of the fence line in case any varmints manage to get into the yard.  With Sam's cataracts, he would likely even miss a squirrel sitting at the other side of the yard!

Oak trees are the slowest to start budding out, but the maple tree in the center of our street, is already showing it's colors.  When I think about the four seasons, I believe spring may be my favorite - all that new life appearing - give a person hope.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...