Thursday, April 20, 2017

Shopping

4/20/2017

I just did a dumb thing.  I was working along on my blog, got distracted, and hit the escape button instead of the save button.  Curses.  Now I have to start over and I hope I can remember what I initially wrote about.

I ordered Jeff some t-shirts from Penney's.  They arrived yesterday and need to be returned.  I ordered, I thought, big shirts, but what I received were big/tall shirts.  Jeff does not need a t-shirt that would probably hang almost to his knees.  So, in an act of pure bravery, I'm going to the mall today to return the shirts.  I haven't been to a mall in years, so as long as I'm there, might do a bit of roaming.  I don't think I know of anyone who doesn't like looking at pretty clothes.

I've asked the boys to come on a Saturday next month for a "work for Dad" day.  There are a variety of things they can do for us: cutting down dead tree limbs, planting some new bushes, holly comes to mind because the girls don't go anywhere near the holly bush I already have in the backyard!  And I need all the help I can get in tidying up the yard.  As an incentive, I've promised the boys that Jeff and I will cook some of their favorite goods: country style ribs (no bones), etc.

I've been cleaning out my closet and putting into bags the things that I don't want or can't wear.  Truthfully, and unfortunately, that latter category makes up most of what I'm giving away!  When I think about my clothing needs, there really are minimal.  I have one pair of dress pants, which have hung in the closet for a year or two now and never worn.  But my daily attire consists of: t-shirts and a variety of pants: capris, jeans (appropriately hemmed for my height) and shorts (long ones, because my legs just ain't that attractive anymore)!  But, as a woman, I like to have choices when it comes to picking out an "outfit" (things that match) every day.  I only have one or two t-shirts that I've purchased when we've gone away and they have some colorful design on the front.  Otherwise, my shirts are plain (i.e., no logos, etc.).  And, when buying t-shirts, I avoid pretty much at all cost, the ones that come to the lower hip - hug a person's fanny.  On some women, but certainly not me, those longer shirts look great, because they are loose.  On me, they only call attention to one of my least favorite assets!

It's time for me to get to work.  Have a great day.

P


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...