Friday, April 14, 2017

It's Friday

4/14/2017

When I was working, which by now seems like a lifetime ago, I loved Fridays.  Who wouldn't?  When you're not working, every day is a Friday - sort of.  But, I know, that Jeff as well as my friends, look forward to the end of the week.

The tax man comes this weekend.  There was a time when we had our taxes done by a professional; but, that was before Turbo Tax.  And, unlike many years ago, there is very little that you can now deduct.  The house, obviously, but there's not many more deductions most people can take.  Because of Emancipation Day in D.C., the country gets an extra day to file.  Obviously, keeping my fingers crossed that we get a refund, even a small one.  The last thing you want to have to do is pay! Most people figure that we've already paid plenty of taxes.

Tomorrow, Jeff and the partner(s), are changing the oil on the plane.  While he cannot fly, he does enjoy, wistfully, being around the plane. I'm convinced that his flying days are not over.  If for no other reason, than I've promised him a faster plane when, notice I don't say if, I get Wilma finished and published.  I have faith in myself, even when I get bogged down in the details of writing Wilma's story.

The casualty this morning was one of my slippers.  I would really appreciate it if they would destroy both slippers.  And, it's not like they left the eaten slipper in a condition where it might be wearable.  Nope, that sucker is shredding into a zillion pieces, that I get to pick up this morning.  It's a good thing that when the girls are good, they are really good.  I've put appropriate chew things in the bedroom, but they still prefer our things.

Because it's Friday, it's taco night.  Friday nights is one or the nights in the week that I don't cook, the other night is Saturday.  I cook all the other nights, so that Jeff has something to eat for his lunch.  But, fixing dinner is a small price to pay, for Jeff getting up before dawn, driving to and from work and bringing home a paycheck.

Have a great day and weekend too.

P

Image result for picture of friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...