Sunday, April 16, 2017

Just Things

4/16/2017

Mother Nature has proved herself fickle once again.  A day or so ago, I was wearing "shorty" (i.e., capris) pants, and had even put socks on.  Today, the temperature is going to be high and possibly humid, so it's back to shorts.  Mind you, I don't look particularly good in shorts, but I've reached the "I don't give a damn" point in my life.  And, when I say shorts, I'm talking about knee length ones.  I can't even remember a time when I wore short(er) shorts, it was that long ago.

This is our first a/c day of the year.  Since the girls have eaten away all the insulation from the copper (at least I think that's what they are), we approach warm weather hesitantly.  But, so far so good.  Temperatures are going to go back into the 70's tomorrow.  So it's likely that I'll/we'll open the house back up.  So annoying.  Windows up, windows down, etc.

I guess today is tax day for Jeff.  Filing taxes is pretty easy these days.  How much did you make? How much in taxes did you take out from your paycheck?  The house is, of course, our biggest write-off.  I imagine it's pretty much fill-in the blanks, throw the "dice" and see what the line on the bottom of the 1040 says.  Fingers crossed that we don't have to pay anything.  Even a teensy refund is a whole lot better than having to pay anything.

When I was a young girl, Easter was a dress-up affair. Frilly dresses with lots of petticoats (remember those?) underneath.  White socks and shoes.  Ladies always wore hats to church, and Easter Sunday was no different.  Now with the relaxed attitude toward clothing, anything can be worn to church. And, also when I was a child, our Easter baskets were wonderful.  I don't remember whether pre-packaged Easted baskets were being sold back then.  I always filled the boys' baskets myself and Jeff and I hid the eggs as well, making sure to count how many eggs we put out.  The last thing you want is an egg not found, until you know exactly where that egg is!

I'm in the process of cleaning out my closet to give some under-sized(!) clothes to Stacey.  There is a company called Thred-Up.  You order a bag, fill it with clothes and see if what you sent is salable on their website.  My first bag?  Apparently, though the clothes I sent were in very good condition, they were all donated to charity.  You have the option of having the clothes returned to you, but I'd be nuts to want to do that.  I mean, if you've gone to the trouble of picking out clothes, why on earth would you want them back?  Obviously, I wasn't wearing these clothes, so no sense having them back to clutter up a closet.

Happy Easter everyone, and remember you always eat the bunny's ears first!

P



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing back the good memories of how Easter used to be (dressing up for church, Easter eggs/baskets/hunts, etc.). And, remember, Easter was the clue that you could now wear those white shoes every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. While we can put the white shoes on, in times gone past, white shoes weren't supposed to be worn after Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...