Tuesday, April 25, 2017

What a Drag it is Getting Old!

4/25/2017

For those of you who do not as of yet identify with being old, I can assure you that other than a possible senior discount here and there, it sucks.  This hurts and then that hurts.  Unbeknownst to me, when I fell in February, I did a bit more damage to my knee than I originally thought.  Bummer. I still feel it's very unfair to have any kind of "itis" on both sides of your body.  If you're going to have bursitis or arthritis, it should all be on the one side.  In my case, that hasn't happened.  Now I have issues on both sides of the body - so not fair.

It's a yucky day outside, gray and rainish (new word, just made it up).  The good news is that I have nowhere to go.  And nothing that I have to do.  There goes my plans for dusting today (smiley face), and I was so looking forward to doing that!

I've arranged a yard party for the 13th.  Enticement? Food.  Boneless country style ribs, potato salad, etc. and some kind of dessert.  I'll flip through my recipes, which are now all electronic and find the boys' favorite desserts. 

Actually, about the only thing I'm going to do today is get dressed and lay on a sofa with my leg propped up higher than my heart, to try and reduce the swelling in my leg.  Warning to ladies: don't under any circumstances mop a cement floor on your hands and knees!  It doesn't always end well.

I've been working on "mturk" hits through Amazon.  You get some amount of money, for every hit that you do successfully.  Never going to get rich doing this, but it keeps me off the street and little by little those pennies and dimes are beginning to add up.

This is short today, I'll try and do better tomorrow.

P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...