Saturday, April 22, 2017

Happy Birthday Benjamin

4/22/2017

Today is Benjamin's birthday.  He's 9 today and Jeff and I couldn't love him even more than we do.  We still remember going to see him after he was born.  He was in NICU for reasons most of you know, and compared to the very tiny and sick babies around him, Benjamin was a good-sized baby, with lungs to match. Rocking and feeding him, brought us both tears and happiness. 

And, before we knew it, Benjamin was a toddler, banging anything he could find on the coffee table.  Did we mind?  Not too much.  His father and uncle also beat up tables during their play.  It's a small price to pay for a happy and contented child.

Benjamin went to Marriott's daycare and having him so close, meant that I could go down during the day to feed and/or play with him.  His first Halloween, Benjamin was dressed like a lion and was super cute.  Auntie Kim came to Marriott to participate in the Halloween party and we all had a good time.

On Benjamin's first birthday, we rented out the clubhouse from our HOA.  People came and brought presents.  There were animal-shaped balloons and a little paper hat for Benjamin to wear.  Like all one year olds, smashing the birthday cake was way more fun than actually eating it.  But the smashing of cake is a time honored event, and it makes for adorable pictures.

The years have flown by.  Benjamin no longer fits in our laps, even though he still tries!  He's obviously mastered the art of eating birthday cake and like all children, the more presents the better.  This year, he sent me a list of what he would like to have, which made it much easier on me to get what he wanted; and, not what I would have bought for him.  People like Mom Mom are a "tad" out of touch with what's new and what's cool (ya think?).

Over the years, Benjamin has shown great aptitude in singing and dancing - oh and looking cute too!  Pretty sure he didn't get that talent from our side of the family.  If, and it's a big if, mind you, I'm forced to sing, I really only move my lips.  Nobody, wants to hear me sing I promise you. And, in my humble opinion, could easily be a model.  He definitely knows how to pose and loves the camera, and it loves him back.    

We celebrated Benjamin's birthday a few weeks ago, as well as Jeff's and Scott's (Scott's birthday isn't until May 1st), so it was a bit of a stretch.  Scott is hosting a bbq at his house early in May, and there will be a lot of good food.  This year, I've opted not to go because most of the people invited are computer geeks of one form or another.  In terms of conversation, I bring nothing to the table.  I will, of course, make a favorite dessert, which Scott asked for.

Benjamin is a wonderful little boy, who is both loving and kind.  He knows that I don't move as fast as he does, and he's very patient about the speed in which I move!  We are the original tortoise and the hare.

Benjamin, Pop Pop and I love you to the moon and back.  Have a wonderful birthday and I hope you get to eat lots of cake.

Love,

Mom Mom



                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...