Sunday, April 30, 2017

Did You Miss Me?

4/30/2017

Yesterday, in the morning, I just couldn't work myself up to writing a blog.  That was probably because I didn't actually have anything to write about.  So filling up a page with some kind of nonsense, seemed like a waste of my time and yours. 

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff and I went to a friend's house for "lunch/dinner".  Basically, just a few friends sitting around drinking wine and eating.  Who wouldn't find that fun?  We had crab cakes, jerk chicken, rice, roll-up sandwiches, chicken salad, bread, chips, salsa and guacamole.  Dessert was two different kinds of cupcakes, that were delicious; and, my pretzel salad.  Based on the amount left over by the end of the night, I'm pretty sure that my "salad" which bears no resemblance to leafy greens was a success.  

We took Jeff's car and rode both ways with the top down - heaven.  The girls had been left in the basement and yard for a fairly long time, so when we got home, Jeff and I did penance.  There is nothing quite as rewarding as two puppies wagging their little tails off when you get home.  We watched a minimal amount of television, but the four of us trundled off together after about an hour.

Since Jeff has to get up so early during the week, I let him sleep in yesterday and today.  Basically, if you don't get up, then you run the risk of picking up the pieces around the room where the tornadoes hit!  And, believe me, in their little and young minds, there is absolutely nothing off limits.  Once the girls have been fed, they have at least reached an age where they will come back inside and take a nap.  They sleep - I sleep.  This theory is leftover from my days of having two children only 18 months apart.  If the babies were asleep, so I was I.  A parent of either two legged people or four legged animals, knows that dusting can always wait for another day - or even another year!  Just saying.  

Today, I'll do some laundry, blog, read, program the Tivo for the week, oh and go to the backyard and pick up the latest fluff torn from one of Jeff's pillows.  One of these days, he or I will remember to put the den throw pillows up somewhere where the girls can't get them.  At least, these are not high quality and/or expensive pillows.  Just cheap ones from WalMart.  Because I value my slippers, when I go to bed, I put said slippers in a drawer!  Drastic I know, and I do love new slippers, I just don't want to keep buying them!

Have a great and relaxing Sunday, because tomorrow work starts all over again.  



Image result for picture of people eating dinner

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...