Monday, April 24, 2017

Chilly Monday

4/24/2017

It's cold today, compared to say yesterday.  Long pants for sure and the furnace on for awhile to take the chill out of the house.  I've been up since 6:00 this morning, because I could hear the girls rustling around in the bedroom - a sure sign that if I didn't get up, something(s) were about to die!

Yesterday afternoon, Jeff went to Costco and WalMart.  If, and it's a big if, you wanted to buy anything remotely related to either Valentine's Day or Easter, now is definitely the time to do so.  I always appreciate the shoppers, who after Christmas buy wrapping paper at a heavily discounted price.  I could do that too, but I don't want to store any more stuff, and certainly not for an entire year.  With the exception of Stacey and Benjamin, I don't really wrap gifts anymore.  The boys are fine with plain white boxes with their names scribbled on top in magic marker.  

This Saturday, Jeff and I are going to lunch with the "Marriott Alums and Chums"!  Catchy isn't it.  Two of us belong in the chums category and the others are still working at Marriott.  I know "alums" doesn't make much sense, but when I set up our first dinner, I liked the sound of alums and chums.  Has a certain ring to it don't you think?

I'm bring pretzel salad, which really isn't a salad at all, but something sweet and tasty.

Pretzel Salad


Grease pan or dish and preheat oven to 350.
1 c broken pretzels
1 stick butter
½ c sugar
Cool whip
1 (8 oz) cream cheese
½ c sugar

Put broken pretzels in greased dish.  Melt butter and sugar and pour over the pretzels. Put in oven and cook for 10 minutes.  Let cool.

Mix cream cheese with sugar and cool whip. Spread over pretzel layer.

1 can crushed pineapple
1 T cornstarch


Drain liquid from pineapple and mix with the 2 T cornstarch. Cook until thick. Mix pineapple into mixture and cool.  Spread the pineapple over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate about 2 hours before serving.  You will swear you are eating toffee crunch candy!


Today is back to the doctor to see what's up with my knee.  It's been several months since I've fallen, but the knee/leg continues to bother me.  And, I hate hearing ....well you know you're getting older.... crap.  

Tomorrow, my good friends Stanley Steemer are coming back to shampoo the carpets again!  I should get a discount because I'm such a frequent customer.  The girls are old enough, at least I think so, that they should be able to wait until morning to pee, but based on the carpet, apparently not.  I put down towels on the floor, and to be sure they make use of them, but then aw, they think the rest of the room is okay too.  Don't even suggest pee pads.  I put one down last week, and before I could even fall asleep, I could hear the shredding!

We bought some new toys for the girls yesterday.  The one plushy animal was in a thousand pieces within mere minutes.  There goes "x" amount of dollars that we'll never get back.  I cannot wait for the day that something/anything isn't torn up.

I have a pretty little lamp in the living room.  There are seashells in the base, and as far as lamps go, this one is pretty much decorative only.  The little lamp shade's inside which was some sort of plastic, has become brittle and breaks off in my hands.  Okay, so I decide how hard can it be to find the right size lampshade.  I'm here to tell you it was pretty darn hard.  First, you have to measure (that was the easy part) and then you have to find a shade the same size and has the right fitting.  Oh, and the prices fluctuated a great deal.  I just wasn't willing to buy a $30+ shade for this tiny little lamp.  Finally, found one that I think will work - fingers crossed.

Have a great Monday.

P
My lamp looked something like this.
 
 Image result for picture of sea shell lamp base
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me people. Please leave me your comments!

Closing Up Shop

7/3/3021 Dear Friends and Family, I've decided to, for the present time, turning my blog off. Over the years, I've had faithful foll...